Payton showing off his new skills!
Payton is officially walking! He started over a week ago but finally is really walking! He still crawls a bit but mostly around Gwynn & Cami. I think he has been knocked over one to many times by the wild duo. He is so wobbly and cute! He gets so proud of himself every time he walks across the living room and smiles and laughs. He is really showing his personality off these days. He is a boy for sure! He loves his bucket of trucks and cars and will pick one and take it with him all over the house. He also loves to dance all the time and screams really, really loud a lot! He loves to hear his own voice. He is a definite firecracker! He is always busy with something full of energy. When he is paired with Gwynn they can do some serious damage!
Gwynn has also been pretty funny these days. Last Friday I was driving home from the gym and a man walked across the street and Gwynn said "Oh Sh**&t, Mom did you see that guy!" It took quite a while for me to process what had just come out of her mouth. She has really loved saying her new favorite word, Sh**&t. I try not to make too big a deal of it because... if it gets attention any three year old will continue to say it to get a reaction. I just say in a calm, no big deal voice,
"we don't say that word". She also picked up Shut Up and loves to tell me to Shut up if she doesn't like what I am saying. When I tell he we don't talk like that she says "Oh, come on Mom I am just joking!" or " Mom, your killing me!" I never really thought we cursed much and I know we never tell each other to shut up...I guess we really need to watch what she is exposed to as well as our own mouths! Despite how bad it is that she says these words I truly want to die laughing because it is priceless to watch and hear. She is so carefree and happy and thinks their just new words to add to her vocabulary.
This weekend we had a nice dinner with our neighbors on Friday and a banquette at the Portland Children's museum for businesses who donate to the Museum on Saturday. We went to represent Walsh and had a great time. We sampled many local restaurants and did a lot of wine tasting. There were also many different silent auctions to bid on as well as games to play. Aunt Tarah came up from Corvallis to watch Gwynn and Payton. It was fun to have a little date night.
We also went to Al's garden supply this weekend and Gwynn and I picked some flowers to plant. Gwynn loves to run around and check out all the plants. She wanted one of every pretty flower especially if it was little.
The month of May is going to be very crazy for all of us. With all the big upcoming events
Payton's first birthday, Libby's baby, four weddings, parties, mothers day, guests and a camping
trip with the Alonzo family. I am excited for all the fun to come this month!


2 comments:
oh my goodness, how cute is payton walking!!! i know he wanted to walk so bad! he can now show off his new skill for his 1st birthday! way to go payton!!!
grandma sherry says, that little sticker, shes so funny to talk to and listen to what she says. payton walking i knew he was close, you better keep your running shoes on now!!! busy busy times 10 with those two, looking forward to saturday, elmos green thumb, sarahs going with us!!! love ya grandma sherry
Post a Comment