



We had a really great mothers day weekend. On Friday we had dinner with a group of friends in Sherwood. Gwynn and Payton got to play with a bunch of kiddos. The adults chatted and had really good BBQ. Our friend Matt made some amazing stuffed burgers.
On Saturday Grandma and Aunt Sasa took Gwynn and Payton to watch Elmo live. They also packed a picnic and visited a park near Grandma's home. Then Charlie and I went to pick the kiddos and had dinner with the family. Gwynn told us all about her super cool day. This is one of her new words as well as "its a deal mom"! When I ask her to do something she says" o.k. cool" or "its a deal". I love her new catch Fraze. She and Payton really had a good time with Grandma and Aunt Sasa.
On Sunday I woke up to coffee and presents in bed. Charlie, Gwynn and Payton had a whole day planned for us. After I opened my presents and had some coffee. I went for my long run for the week and had a personal best for time.... thanks to my new running watch I got for mothers day! I did 16 miles all at 8.5 minute miles. Charlie and Gwynn made some really good french toast with berries and whip cream for our Mothers day brunch. Then Charlie and Gwynn packed a picnic and we headed for Hagg lake where we hiked and had our picnic. It was so beautiful on the lake and the hike was really fun. Gwynn and Payton where both so happy to be outside. Gwynn found a hiking stick and wore her back pack the entire time. Inside she had cookies and band aids, two of her favorite things. Payton just kicked his little legs and talked most of the hike. It was such a sweet and thoughtful mothers day! I have a pretty amazing family. I defiantly felt appreciated.
1 comment:
mombo says; looks like all of you had a great fun mothers day!! sarah and i sure had a great day on saturday with the kids, iam so thankful that sarah came with me, i dont think i could have done it all alone!!! theres a reason you have kids when your young. loveya mombo
Post a Comment